Friday, January 6, 2012

First

I can't believe it's already been a year since you came into my life. 2011 ended so fast and before I know it, you are already 1 year old! Anyway, because I am the kind of person who do blog posts or random acts of sweetness when it's the birthday of someone close or dear to me, then you get to earn yourself a blog post! And though you cannot read yet (and I don't know if I ever can teach you how to, since I everyone knows I don't have enough patience to do so) I know someday you will and so I will try to make this special and heart-warming to the point that when you read this, you'd say, 'eew, ang mushy!'. But I will keep this short, I promise.

Dearest Saab,

You, coming into my life was very much unexpected and I can say that it was not properly timed, too. I was just starting to discover what career I want to pursue after college but then you came and I pretty much had to stop doing so for a while. It was tough as not a lot of understood the situation I was in. But when you were born, all of the heartaches, the anger, the doubts, all the negative feelings disappeared. I know I wasn't still ready to take full responsibility because I don't even know where to start. Everything was new to me but I just know that I have to.

Anyway, being with you every single day of my life is just amazing. Everyday, I get to learn new things about you and about sides of me I never knew existed. I always thought that I was selfish, inconsiderate, and not capable of caring but when you came, I realized that I can be motherly, too. HAHAHA! I once hated having to sit at 2 am and carrying you on my arms just because you would not want to sleep on our bed but you know, I kind of miss doing so now. You're now heavier and carrying you for even just 15 minutes give me cramps and strains. You always give me reasons to smile and laugh and feel good about the world and life.

You always make me proud. Whenever you do or say something new; when you made that first step on our stairs; when you were able to get a grip of your bottle when you were about 10 months old (yes, I know, you're a late bloomer). When your first tooth appeared (I though one or two was cute, but now you have 8 of them and you're like wearing dentures or something). And when every person who sees you thinks that you are cute and adorable. Although sometimes, I admit that I do feel bad when people say that you and I don't look alike and that you don't look like my daughter. HAHAHA! But I know that's just because you are fairer than me.

I promised to make this post short, right? Okay, to end this, I just want to thank you for everything. Thank you for coming into my life because now, I have a great paying job that I love where I can sleep whenever I want to and spend time with you at the same time. Thank you for coming into my life because now, I don't ever have to sleep alone again. Thank you for coming into my life and made me realize how good of a person I am.  Thank you for coming into my life because at such a young age, I was able to realize that I am capable of loving someone else unconditionally.

Happy birthday, Saab! Please don't grow up so fast yet. I love you!

Love,
Mother Dearest

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww, ito na ang pinakamagandang blogpost mo. Walang bola yan. Haha. I would really love to say Saab is lucky to have you as her mom (well, she is) but I guess you are luckier that she came. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. naluha ako ng kaunti dito, pero pinigilan ko kaya para akong may apple sa lalamunan. haha! labyu nye nye at saabatchoy! naalala ko nun, nag iyakan pa kami ni jhe nung nalaman naming magkakababy ka na. naiiyak pa rin naman kami ngaun, pero dahil masaya kami na may saabatchoy na sa buhay natin at sumaya lalo tayo! labyu sa inyong dalawa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! Lucky charm ko si Saab. Pero mas naging introvert ako nung dumating sya, ayoko nang umalis nang bahay if she's not coming with me. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @angge, medyo naiiyak nga din ako nung ginagawa ko to. hahahaha! pano kaya magreply sa mga comment? hindi ako marunong, post lang din ako ng post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang sweeet naman na mother dearest! You are both lucky to have each other! :)

    (talagang echapwera si Puroy no? ni hindi man nabanggit? hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA Dapat ay gumawa sya ng sarili niyang blog post! Hindi ka nagpunta! Ininvite ko si Reggie sa Facebook! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wala naman nabanggit sakin?! Nako sorry! Belated happy birthday pala kay Saaaaaab!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete