Monday, May 7, 2012

This Is Supposed to Be a Mother's Day Post

I could've said this a hundred times already but I love saying it over and over again: I just love being a mom! It is an entirely different life from what I have been living in in the past 20 years. It opened me to a lot of experiences, opportunities, and horizons I have never imagined I can know at such a young age. I may not advice young girls to get pregnant at such a young age but I may say that having a baby at an unexpected time is no less than a blessing still.

No, not everyday is a great day for a mother. Everyday, you are forced to heighten the limits of your patience as your child throw unstoppable tantrums, won't let you have an early bed time and would let you have a sleepless night instead, and would throw things at you or other things that will give you bruises.

Financially, raising a child at this age is very practical, too. Diapers, nice clothes and shoes, toys, and other things your child needs must always come first than your own clothes, nice shoes, and other things you said you 'need' just before your child was born. Prepare to cross-off spending all your salary to trivial things and selfish desires as there's little or no room for it when you become a parent.

Socially, you might have problems in this area, too if you decide to have a child at this age. You just graduated from all the toxicity of college. It is supposed to be the time to have after-work dinner with your colleagues or college buddies, weekend clubbing with your friends and boys, exploring every wonder the country has to offer, or visiting some other countries but because you now have a baby to take care of, after-work hours are meant to be spent with your little child playing or just plain nursing.

However hard it is to have a child at this age, let us not forget the joy it brings, too. What I've mentioned above, the difficulties, all of them can be washed away by a single kiss and a hug ever willingly given by my baby.

That moment when I asked her if she loves me and she just didn't give me the nod I usually get, she said 'opo' in that cute little voice of hers, I'll tell you, all those missed night-outs with friends or those missed out-of-town trips were all well-compensated. God it felt really nice!

The times when I really want to sleep early because I worked all day and I am just so tired, but then I just can't because she's still awake would be just okay when I read her a book and she falls asleep on my arms, it really is a wonderful feeling that I get to experience every single night.



Some say I've also missed a lot since I had a baby at such an early age. I'd say otherwise. I am now working for an Australian-based SEO company that gives me a salary relatively higher than other people my age. To think that I don't have to think about transportation fares, food allowances and clothing allowances because it is a home-based job, is just one of the many perks of my job.

Another thing is that this SEO and online marketing job taught me so many things that I can use when I enroll for my master's studies, hopefully, next year. SEO and online marketing is one of the trends in marketing and advertising now as many, if not, most people rely so much on online information rather than those provided by above-the-line media.

So, a very hot weather, pollution in the metro, long-travelling hours instead of spending them at home or with friends and loved ones, salary deductions, expenses-larger-than-your-actual-salary, face-to-face conversations with bossy-but-obviously-you-outsmarting-them-bosses--what did you say I missed again?

No, I didn't have a miserable life after I got pregnant at 22. It is actually the exact opposite. I am enjoying my life more than ever and I know I would be enjoying more for the years to come. I could not be more excited in bringing Saab to her ballet class or a baking class or to whatever class she is interested in. I am very much anticipating our own out-of-town and out-of-the-country trips. I could not wait for the time she can clearly say 'I love you, Mommy' (I'm not complaining though, 'mommy', 'opo', and some other things she mumbles every so often are really amusing).

So what's the purpose of this entry? It is supposed to be a mother's day post, honoring mothers, especially those that were able to see all the opportunities and boundless horizons after people told them otherwise when they found out that the girl got pregnant at such a young age. This post is supposed to be for young women like me who didn't choose to have an abortion, to those who didn't abandon their child after giving birth, who then strive to give their child the best life and the unfailing love anyone in this world would need.

Forgive me then, for giving you a blog post boasting just how blessed I am to be a mother. I guess young mothers can relate to what I've posted, or there could be ones who will be inspired by this and decide to have a baby now. HAHAHA! I don't know! What I am saying is that, every baby is a blessing. It may not come at a time when you actually plan or expect for it but, nonetheless, babies will give you so much more than money-less wallets, sleepless nights, barf-filled shirts almost every hour of everyday. Your baby will give you the love no one else could ever give you next to God.

To those mothers who withstand all the criticism, doubts, and raised eyebrows given to them by other people because they got pregnant at such a young age, continue being a great mother and you may not know it, but you are blessed more than others because God entrusted you with a baby so precious.

And to every mother out there, happy mother's day! :)



5 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day !Mother are great, the things they enjoy, there is no mother to experience less than the enjoyment of the soul, perhaps your body will be tired, but your heart is happy.You are great, you can do a qualified mother

    Best Regards
    belstaff women jacket
    belstaff men jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow active pa rin ang blog mo pala.. Binura ko na yung ibang entries ko sa blog and my head is aching right now kasi i don't know where to start alam mo naman ikaw ang mentor ko pagdating dyan.. kaya help me hahahaha! Well ive read your post and it hit my soft spot. To tell you honestly, I miss you being "Fiona", my bestfriend 3 years ago.. you know naman that we have lots of dreams together.. including na ang mga dream vacations natin before na matutupad din naman ngayon.. I missed those days na pag tinext kita agad ambilis nating nagkikita at nagliliwaliw sa labas, I missed everything about you 3 years ago.. hahahaha! But then when Saab came it quite broke my heart kasi the Fiona that i Used to be with will not be the Fiona I will be with in the coming years anymore Kasi nga naman a lot of responsibilities await diba? But then nung nakita ko si Saabing I loved her the way I loved her mom.. Inaamin ko may bahagyang pagkabuz kami ni Mia before kasi alam mo naman kung gano kami kapossessive pagdating sayo.. hahahaha!
    But then Pud i am so proud of you being a Mother! I didn't expect that you will be such a caring, loving and a responsible mom for Saab! I am proud that you were able to deal with those hardships. At syempre yung level na kasama ka na din sa sinasabihan ng "mother's day" ngayon. Kalevel mo na sina mama hahaha! Yun lang sobrang proud ako sa im!
    PS magdiet ka na mejo alam na namin ni Mia ang culprit sa pagiging majuba mo ngayon.. hahahaha!

    I love you pud and I love you Saab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Ang haba! I know what you can post on your blog. Why not dedicate a mother's day post to me? Hahaha.

    Well, alam naman talaga natin na possessive tayo sa isa't isa. Kahit ako nabubuz minsan pag kayo lang nila Mia ang umaalis. Kaya kailangan talaga natin ng mga at least twice a month na eating out ganyan.

    Of course, I wouldn't be just like how I was 3 years ago, or even just about a year ago. Even you, wouldn't because priorities change. Pero secured naman ako that you'll be with me over the years to come. And you should know I'll do so too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kabuzak la ako maisip na iblog nyahahahahaha! feel na feel ko magcomment nyan eh kaya ganyan.. di na nga ako nakabati ng mother's day sa iba kong friendship mejo natatamad me eh hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. taray naman ng blogpost este comment ko jan ang haba buwahahahaha..

    ReplyDelete