Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Obligatory Post

I have been looking for a picture of my mom and I together to put as a display picture in my Facebook account. I can't find any recent picture of just the two of us, just those crappy low quality pictures in groups. So what I made as a display photo of us is this:


I can't believe the last picture we had together, just the two of us, was when I was in elementary. That's me and her in one of my Recognition Days when I was young. It is such a happy moment for the both of us we look ecstatic, right?

The reason why we do not have so many pictures together as I was growing up's because she has to leave to work abroad. Times were really hard so she had to leave us to earn money. She left even before she can see me graduate from elementary.

So no, she was not the one whom I told who my first crush is. She was not there when I had my first menstruation period. She was not there during all of my graduations. She wasn't even there the exact day I gave birth to my baby. We never had those boyfriends conversations. We never had talks about the birds and the bees. We never had those shopping bonding moments together when I was a teenager. We were never the kind who gets to talk to each other everyday.

I once envy those girls who were very close to their mothers. Those who can tell every single detail of what's happening to them every single day. But now it's all clear to me. She did all of those for us. I now know that I owe her my life. I owe her everything. That I should be thankful because she's definitely not less of a mother just because she wasn't physically beside us every single time. In fact, I think she offered more.

She left all of her friends and family so that we can have food on the table, so we could have a good education. She endured all the pain to be away from us. I go somewhere without Saab for just hours and I miss her already, my mother had to be away for years.

When I told her I was pregnant, she said nothing against me. She just said she'll be home with me even just for a month because she knows I need her. Even if it was disappointing, she never made me feel that I was indeed a disappointment. She still made me feel as if I am a good person. Well. I'd like to think I am. She made me a good person. I was brought up by a great mother so I grew up to be a good one, too. If Saab will grow up, I'd like her to be just like me.

I think if a person would like to know what unconditional love is, all he has to do is look into everything his mother's done to him. Even if he goes astray or push her away, she still loves as much as she could, gives as much as she can. She's that one person who can teach you the very essence of the word.

If you grew up being showered by the love of your mother, you've been given the best gift life and God have to offer. I sure do know, I am one of them.

I know my mother won't be able to read this ( I won't let her of course, it's too cheesy!) but I guess it would be just enough for other people to know how much I love her. I owe her my life, and my child's life. I love her very much.

To all mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day and you truly are the greatest gift to your children.

UPDATE: 
So, here's the latest picture of my mom and I. Cheers to new pictures and to the fact that we now learned how to smile in front of the camera.

3 comments:

  1. Kitams.
    God has His own way of reinventing your relationship with your mom.
    I'm betting stage (grand)mother ang nanay mo jan te! :)

    Huli ka. At may blog ka rin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Feeling niya ata sya talaga ang nanay eh. Ako lang ang yaya. Oh well.

    Nako nakita mo na ang blog ko, sana hindi makita ng iba. (WUUH. Parang artistang nagtatago lang eh noh? Feelingera!) HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay lang yan. At least spoiled si Baby Saab. :)
    Mas masarap yung ganyan kesa yung itinakwil diba? Hehe. :)

    Pakipalitan mo naman ang date and time settings mo! Hehe

    ReplyDelete