Saturday, June 4, 2011

Of Families and Funerals

It was like ages since we last saw each other when in fact, it was just last month. A lot has happened between us and I know it's not gonna end soon. This cold treatment I am experiencing from you is beyond anything that happened to me in the past. I know I've been a huge disappontment to you and to the whole family and that kind of treatment just makes sense.

But I missed you. I missed the way we talk like we're the best of friends. I missed the times I would request for anything and you'd eagerly oblige. I missed the exchange of warm, sweet text messages once in a while. And seeing you a while ago was very comforting. Seeing you a while ago, even with that cold treatment, was better than not seeing you at all. Even if it pained me for thinking you don't want to see me anymore, seeing you was what I was praying for.

And when I was about to leave, you introduced me to your friend and showed how proud you are to me. You didn't know how much I want to cry because I can't contain my happiness. Well, I am great at holding my tears back, so that explains my instead, big smile from ear to ear. And when you asked for a kiss, I realized, yes, you may have been hurt and disapponted because of what happened but you're still you. And I am still your favorite granddaughter. And today, I was shown unconditional love.

On other notes, I don't know what is it about me and funerals. I'd rather look at the pictures of the dead person, be it a relative or whoever, than look at that person inside the coffin, all pale and...well, dead. It's like I don't want my last memory of that person be that of me looking at him/her inside a coffin. Or I don't know, maybe I am just a coward and that it's fucking scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment