Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shopper's Remorse

Shopper's Remorse: The guilt a person feels right after shopping for an item or items.


Basically, shopping remorse is what I have been feeling for not just a day but for the whole month of February. Up until now, I cannot think of any logical and sane reason why I spent all my salary for the exact items posted below.


Yes, ladies and gents, that is where exactly my entire salary went. And no, I am not exaggerating here. Okay, maybe a bit because I also bought a pair of swimwear for Saab, a month supply of diapers, and paid for last month's credit card bill, but hey, apart from a month supply of diapers, I don't think I bought something that I really need this month. Oh, on second thoughts, maybe a thousand worth of chocolates is indeed a need. 

So, why am I writing this post? No, not because I want to brag how much of a 'shopper' I am or how rich I am. Besides, if I am rich, I won't be posting this in the first place. I am posting this so I could realize and I would be able to remember how stupid I was for acquiring all of these in a month. Yes, it is not bad to buy things for yourself sometimes, but not in expense of your monthly budget. <insert all curses available in here>.

I don't know what's about me that when I like to buy something, for example, a swimwear, I won't stop buying every other swimwear that I would like from then on. I like to hoard stuff, as you can see. Now to divulge more information about this stupid habit of mine, let me tell you how I started hoarding Nyx lipsticks and swimwears. 

My friend, Jona, gave me a Nyx matte lipstick last Christmas. I found it nice and inexpensive so when I found an online store for Nyx products, I was like buying lipsticks from there almost every week. I was thinking, I want to start a collection of Nyx lipsticks and I want to have every color in their palette. Crazy, right? 

As for the swimwears, I will be having Boracay trips in March and in May, and I thought of buying a pair of swimwear at first. But then I found all of these cute high-waist swimwears and thought, "hey, these are the perfect swimwears for me. These can hide all my flabs ad stretch marks. Fantastic!" And then there was I, browsing through online stores and hoarding all the high-waist swimwears and monokinis I can find, ALMOST ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. 

No, I don't want to sound like someone from Twitter whose tweets have #conyoproblems hashtags on them. But, seriously? All of a month's salary for just these? Sinusuot ko na nga lang yung mga swimsuit ko when I feel like it kahit nasa  kwarto lang ako nagtatrabaho. I also wear lipsticks at times and ask Lara and Sophia if I can put make up on their sweet, innocent faces. Just so masulit ko man lang yung sweldo ko. HAHAHAHAHA!~

I guess that's the downside of having your salary deposited on your account just once a month. You think you have all the money in the world to spend not realizing na after spending all of those, nga-nga ka na lang for the rest of the days of that month. Sana tumigil na ko sa pago-overspend.

At sana, mag-March 15 na, para dumating na sweldo ko. 

5 comments:

  1. Haha! Agree! Pareho tayo.

    Pero may natutunan ako..

    Dapat gamitin mo yung online shopping mo as business. Tipong buy and sell. Lalo na maraming mura online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi Kamil, e-mail mo ko tungkol jan. Pano ba yan? HAahaha. May online business ka na?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ine-email kita, pero di ka sumasagot. May gmail ka ba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wala akong narereceive. sa gmail ka na lang magsend. mafionafrances.cruz@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Hala ka! Hahahaha. Bigyan mo nalang ako ng swimsuit. I like the red one. Bleh. Hahaha! Cos I've a couple of outings to go to this coming summer. At ayoko namang bumili. :)))

    As for your Nyx lipstick marketing the other day, I don't wear lipstick. Sorry! :|

    ReplyDelete