Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 3: A Letter to Your Parents

Too bad I can't find an old photo of us together. I don't know if those doesn't really exist or I am just too lazy to find one. I have a feeling that this letter would be overly emotional but I will try not to make it so. Even though I don't have much readers, my feelings for you won't match the theme of my blog which is to be amusing. So let this letter be quick and light.



Dear Mommy and Daddy, 

Although this letter is intended for the both of you, I'd rather that you do not find out about this. You've known me as someone who isn't expressive especially to those things that hurt me. You splitting up almost a decade ago was not exactly a great thing. It is not something most children would want to happen to their precious family but I think, you splitting up was a way for me to learn things, the hard way, yes, but nevertheless, I learned a lot from it anyway. 

I learned that distance don't matter to people who love each other. Although you were not physically with me all the time all throughout these years, I've never felt for one second that you loved me less. You guys did everything you can do to make me feel loved by giving me everything I need and want, and keeping in touch no matter what. At times when I feel alone, I'd get a random text from you and that would make me feel blessed and happy. I know that I should never feel alone, because somewhere across the world or miles away, someone's always thinking about me and someone's longing to be with me. 

I also learned how to be forgiving and resilient no matter what people did to you in the past. No matter how hurt you are today, you would always feel better if you never hold grudges against someone or something. Grudges won't bring you anywhere, it'll just pull you down and consume your whole being until you're left with nothing, even love for yourself. It is always better to be happy no matter how things or people disappoint you. And I grew up exactly like that. I don't know if I become resilient or indifferent, but I guess those two things are good things. 

Lastly, I learned that we should never have regrets. Things happen because they are bound to happen. And nothing happens for a reason. You see, everything that comes your way, good or bad, it always teach you something, something you can use to become a better person later in your life. And my parents taught me that. Things won't always happen as you wish them to be. Things happen as they should happen and it will bring you to full happiness, you just have to seize every moment and be patient for your happiness to come.

No matter how painful you splitting up years ago felt, I still am thankful that you are my parents. You still are the best parents one could have. After all, we're all born with flaws. I think I was brought up really well and I turned out to be a good person. And that's because of you, Mommy and Daddy. And if I was ever given the chance to change how things happened before, I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I won't be as happy as I am now if those things didn't happy. So no regrets and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment