Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 4: A Letter to Your Sibling



Dear Brother, 

I'll keep this short okay? After all, if you would be able to find this blog, you wouldn't want to read something very long. We both have attention spans of a goldfish or someone with ADHD for that matter. 

I now I may have made you feel inferior to me a lot of times, don't ask me how I was able to find out, I swear it'll make you angry, or not. But you make me feel proud more than you know. I was in tears when you graduated from college and got that Best Thesis award among others. I admire your patience and perseverance to finish that thesis. Not sleeping for almost a week straight is something I was not able to do in my entire academic years. I couldn't do it because I am lazy like that. But you, you always pull an all-nighter when you have to, and that's something very admirable, well at least for me. Me doing that would be unimaginable. 

I admire your love for God. I have faith, okay, don't get me wrong, but you, your love and faith in Him is unmatched. I mean, seriously, there was this time I really thought you will become a pastor or something. It must be hard for you when people were mocking or teasing you when you go to different places and preach the word of God. I remember you reading me a Bible verse because I said the girl you're courting is ugly and has an awful body odor. I thought it was really weird, but I'm not mocking you, okay. It must be very difficult for you to do that when people around you are questioning your shift of religion. But hey, I admire you for standing for your beliefs. 

I, lastly, admire your love for me and Saab. I know I wouldn't ever get I LOVE YOU's or hugs and kisses (I wouldn't want that  from you either, seriously!) from you but you letting me the first to know about what's happening to your love life, your job applications, and whatever it is that's happening to your life is love. You valuing my advice and opinions, suggestions, and recommendations regarding your most important life decisions is love. And you putting Saab to sleep and playing with her when I am busy with work is love. I could not be more thankful. 

I said I'd keep this short, so I should wrap this up now. I may not say this to you everyday but I hope I am letting you feel it, I love you, brother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment